Wantboard is an online marketplace that lets you buy items that aren’t available in Canada. Unlike other online stores, Wantboard is a service that allows you to request any item that you’re interested in, even if it’s not listed on Wantboard.ca. By using our simple request feature, you can ask for any item that you’re interested in and Wantboard will get back to you with a quote for your order.
Requesting items is a quick and easy process that lets you buy things that aren’t available in Canada and have them shipped right to your door, without having to worry about unexpected customs or duty fees. There are two ways that you can make a request:
- Begin by entering the item that you want to buy into the search bar on the home page of Wantboard.ca and click “Search”.
- Browse through the search results to find your item.
- If you see the item you’re looking for, select it and click “Buy Now” to proceed to checkout. Then you’re done!
- If you don’t see what you’re looking for, click “Contact Us” at the end of the search results.
- Fill out the request form with your name, your email address, and the website or store where your item is sold, and click “Submit Request”.
- If your search term didn’t return any results, you’ll be prompted to fill in the request form, and will follow the previous steps to submit your request.
- If you know the item that you’re looking for, you can send us a message over Live Chat by clicking the chat icon in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
- When you start your chat, just let us know the item you’re looking for and the website or store where it’s available.
- If we are in-office, you’ll receive a response within just a few minutes. If we are out-of-office, leave your email address and we will respond to your request as soon as we return.
What happens when you submit your request?
When you submit your request, our team reviews the item you’ve requested to confirm that it is available at a U.S. or international retailer and not available in Canada. If your item is available in Canada for an affordable price, we will respond to your request by letting you know where you can purchase the item directly.
If we confirm that your item is not available in Canada, we then prepare your quote. Our prices include a markup of about 16% (for items under $250 USD; less for items over $250 USD), and a shipping cost of between $10 to $20 USD. These fees allow us to cover the cost of importing your order to Canada, including the cost of transportation and customs duties so that you don’t have any surprise fees arrive at your door when your item is delivered. Then we convert your quote to Canadian dollars so that you don’t have to worry about currency conversion fees.
When we’ve priced your item, we send you the quote for your order and a link to complete your purchase on our website. Once you complete your order, you’re all done! Your order will ship directly to you, so you can sit back and relax while we take care of things.